The Loadmaster line was originally begun by John G Hagan and was manufactured by City Tank Corporation of Corona, New York. The first line of garbage collection truck bodies City Tank introduced to the industry was marketed under the product name Roto Pac. City Tank’s primary customer was the city of New York’s Department of Sanitation. In 1957, John Hagan made the decision to move the operation from Corona, New York to Culpepper, Virginia, a small community 75 miles south of Washington D.C. in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. As part of that move, a new corporation, Old Dominion Manufacturing, was formed to manufacture the Loadmaster product line.